The first Band Booster meeting was held Friday, August 12, 2016 and was followed by a Preview Performance of this year’s Marching Show. Students demonstrated some of their warm up routines followed by the first three movements of this year’s show.
This first meeting of the year was filled with important details for the entire school year. Click here to view the Parent Preview pdf, and feel free to download it. There are several important dates, emails and volunteer opportunities as well as links.
This meeting is typically the most attended by parents and we are all encouraged to attend as many as possible throughout the year. The meeting schedule is once a month in August, September, October, February, March and April. These meetings dates will be posted on this website as the dates and times are firmed up.
There are many opportunities to serve on committees as well as volunteer.
Committee members are needed for:
- LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION Contact: Mike Keel – BuckBand.Pres@gmail.com
- EQUIPMENT CREW Contact: Connie Abbott – BuckBand.1VP@gmail.com
- UNIFORMS Contact: Connie Abbott – BuckBand.1VP@gmail.com
- CHAPERONES Contact: Connie Abbott – BuckBand.1VP@gmail.com
- CAMPS AND EVENTS Contact: Connie Abbott – BuckBand.1VP@gmail.com
- CONCESSIONS START UP AND SHUT DOWN Contact: Melissa Jackson – BuckBand.2VP@gmail.com
- INVENTORY AND ACQUISITIONS Contact: Melissa Jackson – BuckBand.2VP@gmail.com
- VETTING AND MARKETING – Contact: Third Vice-President – Wendy Pemberton – BuckBand.3VP@gmail.com
There are many opportunities for volunteers available. You can find out exactly what is needed and when and sign up on the CHARMS website. Click here to visit CHARMS. If you have never been to the CHARMS site before, visit our information page which all the information you need.