Need to Knows from Mr. Souder
Here are a few upcoming things to mark on your calendars/schedules and to be aware of procedure:
- Friday, August 19 – Jamboree (HOME) – call time @ 5:00 (Football boosters begin charging for parking around this time so if a student leaves to go home and returns, it needs to be before they begin charging.)
- Thursday, August 25 – Evening rehearsal extended to 6:30 so that the entire band (students, equipment crew parents / uniform committee) can learn the new protocol and procedures for using our new customized trailer. (VERY EXCITING!)
- Friday, August 26 – Hazel Green (AWAY) – call time @ Hazel Green @ 5:00 (NLT 5:30 if bus rider travel issues). Students are to carpool to Away games within the county – trailer will be loaded during 4th block with uniforms, shakos, & equipment ON trailer to be unloaded @ HGHS. Students may take their own instrument with them (and may need to with pep rally at end of 4th block and no time to load trailer after pep rally if they ride the bus).
*Students must always come prepared with all parts to their uniform including white/gray shorts, white tee, tall white socks, performance gloves, poncho (in uniform pocket or instrument case) and instrument (if not on the trailer).*ALL procedures will be thoroughly discussed, taught, and practiced with the students but we need parents to help with reminders.
- Tuesday, August 30 @ 7:00 in band room – Spring Trip Meeting to disseminate details about the April 2017 Universal Studios Spring Trip.
COMPETITIONS will INCLUDE the following dates (details to come):
- October 1st (this is the Saturday before Fall Break which was announced as a competition date almost a year ago – there will be no rehearsals on the week of Fall Break until Friday, October 7 to prepare for Senior Night)
- October 15th
- October 29th
Thank you for your support! We’re just about take-off!