Hello everyone – the 2017 “Band Camp Newsletter” is a super important detailed document covering just about everything you (and your student!!) need to know about the two weeks of camp starting week after next, the two rehearsals during the week between camps and the start of school, and the “Uniform Fitting and Form Submission Day”!
Please be sure you read absolutely everything in the letter – a lot of planning, time, and energy has been put in to preparing it thoroughly so everyone is well-informed.
Here is a list of the incredible staff who will be working with your students during camps. You can read bios of our highly qualified “regular staff”, including myself, on our website here.
Regularly employed staff:
- Katy Souder – General operations, Brass instructor, Color Guard Sponsor
- Dennis Crosby – Percussion Program Coordinator, Battery Instructor
- Leah Farris – Front Ensemble Percussion Instructor
- Hannah Brower – Color Guard / Visual Instructor
Band Camp staff:
- Nick Murphy – Brass (UNA, Florence City Schools)
- Jaimy Murff – Brass (UNA)
- Haley Blankenship – Woodwinds (UNA)
- Wade Dillingham – Woodwinds (UNA)
- Angelo Sandoval – Percussion (UNA)
- Ellie Kennedy – Color Guard (JSU)
- Show Production Staff:
Dennis Eveland – Wind Music Composition/Arrangements – Laredo, Texas (Marching Show Concepts, Grand Mesa Music Publishers, TRN Music Publishers, C.L. Barnhouse Company, Director of Bands @ Los Obispos Middle School, married with children.)
Dennis Crosby – Battery Percussion Music Arrangements – Moulton, Alabama (Professional Sound Engineer, previously for Sutherland Sight & Sound and Sweet Tree Productions; Professional percussionist and pianist, studied at University of North Alabama; taught percussion with Music City Drum Corps and multiple high schools; full bio @ buckhornband.com, married with baby girl due in August.)
Brandon Dodge – Front Ensemble Percussion Music Arrangements -Previously Atlanta, Georgia (currently on percussion staff with Spirit of Atlanta Drum & Bugle Corps), studying Doctor of Musical Arts at University of Cincinnati.
Gordon Couch – Show Production Drill Design – Kentucky (President, Alumni Association for Cavaliers Drum & Bugle Corps; Gordo Drill Solutions, married with children.)