Add to Calendar
Historic Barron Stadium
300 W 3rd St
Rome, GA 30165
300 W 3rd St
Rome, GA 30165
Peach State Marching Festival and Competition (Rome, GA)
Peach State Competition Details:
The competition IS NOT at Rome High School. The competition IS AT Historic Barron Stadium @ 300 W 3rd Street, Rome, GA. Please keep in mind that while our performance time is even later than last week, our morning, load and departure schedule is about the same because we will lose an hour to the time zone change and will be stopping for dinner (tentative plan – currently researching best option) instead of eating at the stadium.
INFO for ACT Test-takers – not taking the ACT, skip this:
This Saturday’s competition date is an ACT testing day. Our travel and performance time should not present a problem for this. You will just need to meet us there and may be able to catch us for dinner or at least our arrival to Barron Stadium (again, not Rome HS). I encourage ACT test-takers to have all the things they need packed and ready by Thursday night so there’s no need to do it Friday night after the game or Saturday before or after the test. I also encourage ACT test-takers to plan to carpool with a parent or parents who are planning on coming to the contest. I’ll have students raise their hands in class tomorrow if they’re taking the test. Finally, please email me back to let me know if you/your student is taking the ACT Saturday morning so I know who all to expect not to ride with us. We are planning on taking 4 buses for this longer/later trip since we have been packed tight on 3 all season.
**An important note from Peach State Officials and Police:
Please note: Second Avenue is an extremely busy street that is also a state route.
For your students’ safety, do not allow your students to cross Second Avenue anywhere except the levee entrance where Rome Police will be stationed ALL day to assist all those crossing. NO STUDENTS are permitted to cross over the levee itself. You are responsible for making sure your students understand and obey this rule. Any students not obeying this will be reported to their band director. Buses must remain parked at their levee location and band members must walk to the stadium since the arrangement of Barron Stadium and the surrounding streets does not allow for parking closer to the stadium.
Show Day Itinerary:
- SHOWER, DEODORANT, AND EAT A GOOD HEALTHY BREAKFAST! – 9:00 AM
- Morning Rehearsal Warm-Up / Run-Throughs (Slow and Easy) – 10:00
- EAT LUNCH (Bring sack lunch & drink) – 11:30
- Loading Trailer – 12:00 PM
- Board buses – 12:45
- Depart Buckhorn – 1:00 (CENTRAL TIME, ~2.5 hour drive)
- Stop for Dinner (TBD) – 4:30 (EASTERN TIME, lost an hour to time zone change)
- Load buses & proceed – 6:00 (EST)
- Arrive @ Barron Stadium – 6:30 (EST)
- Unload Trailer/Change/Set-up – 6:45 (EST)
- Unofficial Warm-Up/Skull-sessions – 7:30 (EST)
- Official Warm-Up – 8:05 – 8:45 (EST)
- Move to Gate – 8:45 (EST)
- Best Performance of the year! – 9:00 (EST)
- Back to trailer to load equipment but stay in uniform – 9:15 (EST)
- Get water, return to stands – 9:30 (EST)
- Rome High School Exhibition – 9:40 (EST)
- JSU Marching Southerners – 10:00 (EST)
- Awards Ceremony – 10:20 (EST)
- Back to trailer, change – ~11:00 (EST)
Depart Rome for home – ~11:30 PM (EASTERN TIME)
Arrive @ Buckhorn/Unload – ~1:00 AM (CENTRAL TIME, gain an hour back)Approximate time of release – ~1:30 AM (CST)
ACTUAL EVENT DETAILS from Peach State Contest officials:– I have attached information regarding DVD purchases (click here). DVD’s are the perfect memento to help relive the excitement of the festival for years to come!– Tickets for spectators will be on sale at two gates, one located near West ThirdStreet adjacent to the Tennis Center and then other located on West Fifth Street next to the Floyd Medical Center’s Business Office building. Tickets are $7.00 for anyone 7 years of age or older. Anyone 6 years or younger is admitted for free.– Programs are $5.– Peach State T-shirts and other items will be available for purchase by your bandmembers. Our exclusive vendor for these products and will have 2 locations at thestadium to serve your members and chaperones.